Your privacy is important to us. This is how we manage your data.
Effective date: March 19, 2022
Axle offers services and a financial platform providing invoice factoring and other services for freight brokers, carriers, and related technologies.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you provide us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Services includes:
- Account and contact information, such as your first and last name, email address, address, driver’s license picture, social security number, and bank account routing and account number. We may also collect information to verify financial condition and creditworthiness.
- Information about your Customers and Vendors. We may collect information from you about your customers and vendors, including but not limited to name, address, email address, phone number, TIN, and financial information, based on your use of the Service and payment instructions.
- Payment transaction information. When you request, make, receive, record, or otherwise process a payment through Axle Wallet, we collect information about the payment transaction and the transacting parties, such as the date, time and location(s) of the transaction, identifying information of the sender and recipient, the payment or transfer amount(s), bank account information for the sender and/or recipient, a description of the transaction, and the service fees charged by Axle.
- Interests, usage, and connections, including information about your interests (if you choose to add them), and how you use the Services, such as the types of content you engage with, content you share, features you use, actions you take, and people or accounts you interact and connect with.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with them.
- Communications that we exchange with users when they contact us with questions or feedback, including feedback about interacting with other users, and questions about purchasing.
We may combine personal information we receive from you with information we obtain from public sources, including the Solana blockchain and social media companies when you visit our pages.
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Services, our communications, and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as device IP address (and derived location), device name and operating system, browser type and settings, telecommunications provider, operating system, the date and time of Services use, and interactions with the Services.
- Online activity data, such as information about your use of and actions on the Services, including pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, frequency, and length of access. This information may be collected on our Services using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), web beacons, third-party software development kits (“SDKs”) and similar technologies described below.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Operate the Services and our business;
- Maintain and improve the Services and the Services’ features;
- To conduct background checks and determine your eligibility for our products;
- In connection with the sale of delinquent debt for collections purposes;
- Create and maintain your account;
- Facilitate user connections on our Services;
- Recommend pages, profiles, products, users to follow, and content that might be of interest to you;
- Process your transactions;
- Communicate with you about the Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- Provide support for the Services, and respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
Research and Development
- Protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Enforce the Terms of Service that govern the Services;
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information with:
Authorities and Others
Third-Party Platforms and Social Media Networks
Disconnect Social Media Companies
Opt Out Of Marketing Communications
You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you.
Online Tracking Opt Out
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track
OTHER APPS & SITES
The Services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THE U.S.
We are headquartered in the United States with affiliates and services providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may therefore be processed in the United States or transferred to other locations.
HOW TO CONTACT US
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- The sources through which we collect California residents’ personal information and the types of personal information collected in the Personal Information We Collect section.
- The purposes for which we use and share this information in the How We Use Personal Information section and the How We Share Personal Information section.
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Deletion. You can ask to delete the personal information that we maintain about you.
- To request access to or deletion of personal information collected, please email us at [email protected] or call 855.250.4142.
- To verify your identity prior to responding to your requests, we may ask you to confirm information that we have on file about you or your interactions with us. Where we ask for additional personal information to verify your identity, we will only use it to verify your identity or your authority to make the request on behalf of another consumer.
- Authorized agents. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with the CCPA.
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN DATA SUBJECTS
The information provided in this “Notice to European Users” section applies only to individuals in Europe.
Legal Basis for Processing
|Processing Purpose||Legal Basis|
|Provide the Services, Support and maintenance||Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of services in connection with the Services, or to take steps that you request prior to signing up for the Services. If we have not entered into a contract with you, we process your personal information based on our legitimate interest in providing the services you access and request in connection with the Services.|
|Research and development||These activities constitute our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for these activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).|
|Compliance and protection||These activities constitute our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for these activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). Processing is also necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
|Direct marketing||These activities constitute our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for these activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).|
|With your consent||Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consent or in the Services.|
Use For New Purposes
Sensitive Personal Information
We ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Services, or otherwise to us.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
If we transfer your personal information from Europe to another country such that we are required to apply appropriate safeguards to your personal information under European data protection laws, we will do so. Please contact us for further information about any such transfers or the specific safeguards applied.
Your RightsEuropean data protection laws may give you certain rights regarding your personal information. If you are located in Europe, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:Access.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.